*Please check this page regularly for health and safety updates. Last update 3/05/2021
The health & safety of our SupplySide community remains our top priority as we return to in-person events. We are making preparations to run SupplySide West in accordance with all national government and local authority guidance, as well as adapting the Informa AllSecure Plan, Informa’s approach to ensuring the highest standards of safety, hygiene, cleanliness and operational effectiveness for all show participants.
We will be updating this page in the coming weeks with more detailed information around what you can expect when you attend SupplySide West and the measures we will be putting in place to ensure your safety.
To prepare for the moment when Mandalay Bay could re-open their doors, the MGM Resorts team worked with medical experts to develop a plan that allows them to welcome you back. Their “Seven-Point Safety Plan” is a comprehensive, multi-layered approach with guidance from public health experts. To view the full safety plan, please click here.
- Screening, Temperature Checks & Employee Training: Extensive employee protocols have been put in place including screening questions, employee temperature checks and training programs on health and safety protocols.
- Mandatory Masks & Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Masks are required for all guests inside public spaces and outdoors on the pool deck with limited exceptions at all MGM Resorts properties across the United States. Employees are required to wear an approved mask while working at one of their properties. Gloves will continue to be worn by employees who require them to do their jobs.
- Please note, at this time COVID-19 vaccines are not considered a special accommodation for MGM’s mandatory mask policy.
- Physical Distancing: 6-foot physical distancing policies have been implemented throughout the resort with floor guides to assist and remind guests. Where this isn’t feasible, plexiglass barriers, face shields or clear signage have been added.
- Handwashing & Enhanced Sanitation: Guests at Mandalay Bay will have easy access to custom-built handwashing stations and hand sanitizer throughout the property. Cleaning protocols have been improved, with a focus on high-touch surfaces and common areas using cleaning products that meet EPA guidelines.
- HVAC Controls and Air Quality: Rigorous measures have been taken to provide as much outside air circulation as possible throughout the buildings and guest rooms with air filters that meet or exceed published standards.
- Incident Response Protocols: In the unfortunate event a guest or employee tests positive for the virus, Mandalay Bay will activate protocols and leverage their trained staff to respond quickly so that exposed areas are thoroughly sanitized. MGM has medical and trained security personnel on staff to respond quickly in the event of an incident.
- Digital Innovations: Several aspects of the guest experience have been reimagined through technology to transition previous processes into contactless options for guests. The arrival experience is now in the hands of the customers, enabling them to complete the check-in process themselves, from beginning to end. Guests will no longer need to wait in line, if they so choose. For guests without smart phones or prefer not to use, there will be a line-reduced environment designed with our customers in mind.
In addition to the safety protocols in place for SupplySide West 2021, Mandalay Bay has been awarded the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR facility accreditation by ISSA, the Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association. The GBAC program is considered the gold standard for safe facilities, and was designed to control the risks associated with infectious agents, including COVID-19.
The above information is subject to change as we continue to track this situation and receive guidance from state and local health authorities, MGM Resorts, the CDC and WHO, and we will provide regular and timely updates to help the community best prepare for SupplySide West.