Location: Lower Level, North Convention Center
Thursday, November 8 | 9-11am
Why Regeneration AND Biotechnology BOTH Matter
Serving up food for 1 billion humans just barely more than 100 years ago looks a lot different than what it will take to sustain 9 billion looming. Within the next 30 years the tension between ideas and tactics that worked in the past, and new technologies needed to feed future populations - all while sustaining the ability of our planet to produce - will be driving the evolution of ingredient and food production.
We'll dive into the following and break-out into discussion sessions related to:
- new frontiers in research related to specialty ingredients - often of natural origin but highly processed, buy provide powerful formulation
and health benefits.
- What does sustainability mean in the context of ecology and human health? Do synthetic, "bioidentical", and other bioengineering technologies hold a place
in the sustainability discussion?
- Does "Natural" matter in the future?
- Is Organic the path to regeneration?
- Striking a balance between Organic and Biotech