Location: Lower Level, North Convention Center
Wednesday, November 7 | 1:30-4:30pm
Beverages make up the lion’s share of the functional food and beverage market, and there is no shortage of innovation. Once dominated by sports drinks, today’s range of functional beverages include everything from enhanced waters, juices, cold-brew coffee, RTD teas, etc. with an increased emphasis on the inclusion of shorter ingredient lists, with simple and recognizable names. Key to market success is understanding ingredient selection and formulation considerations; understanding how products will be packaged, sold and merchandised; targeting the right consumers; and building brand trust.
- Go-to-market strategies including identifying the right target market and navigating macro trends.
- Key considerations for functional beverage formulation including trending ingredients, supply chain concerns and
- Challenges and solutions pertaining to certain types of functional beverages, as well as new and novel formulation processes
and packaging options.
- Jeff Church, Suja Juice
- Andy Dratt, Imbibe
- Bill Lange, Campbell's/Bolthouse Farms
- Brian Lovejoy, Califia Farms
- Palo Hawken, REBBL
- Kyle Redfield, Kona Red
- Jim Tonkin, HealthyBrandBuilders