Saturday, November 10 | 8:30-11:30am
Increased consumer awareness of the long-term benefits of proper nutrition in overall health, as well as how it relates to specific health conditions, is driving new product development in the global market for functional food and beverages predicted to reach US$255 billion by 2024. As the market continues to lean toward clean label, product formulators must be mindful that some ingredients are not a 1:1 replacement and reformulation can affect product traits such as mouthfeel, shelf life, taste and functionality. Brands either launching a new product or expanding a portfolio also must keep in mind consumers are looking for products that include efficacious levels of functional ingredients that can combat various diseases progression and provide promising health benefits. Industry experts will discuss:
- Factors driving clean label food and beverage reformulation, as well as a look at recent launches and marker trajectory.
- Ingredient selection, costs and supply chain considerations when reformulating a product.
- How functional ingredients interact in the formulation process and solutions to challenges that might arise during production.
- Mary Mulry, FoodWise One LLC
- Liz Myslik, Fresca Foods Inc.
- Eric Pierce, New Hope Network
- Bill Tuohig, New Hope Network